Forms 1095-C Due to Full-Time Employees by March 2, 2018
Under the Affordable Care Act, applicable large employers (ALEs)—generally those with at least 50 full-time employees, including full-time equivalent employees, in the preceding calendar year—must report certain information to their full-time employees and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) about the health care coverage they have offered (if any).
With deadlines for 2017 reporting just a few months away, ALEs should begin thinking about these five information reporting facts:
- ALEs are required to furnish Form 1095-C to each of its full-time employees by March 2, 2018 (new extended deadline).
- ALEs must file Forms 1095-C, accompanied by the transmittal Form 1094-C, with the IRS no later than February 28, 2018 (or April 2, 2018, if filing electronically).
- Self-insured ALEs must also report via Forms 1094-C and 1095-C.
- ALEs that file 250 or more Forms 1095-C must file them electronically.
- ALEs can find a complete list of resources and the latest news at the IRS's Applicable Large Employer Information Center.
For further details on filing and furnishing Forms 1094-C and 1095-C, please see the latest form instructions.